Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Health in Classical Music

So, today I didnt have psychology, so I went to the computer in the lab and started searching different things from "music theory pdf" to "music history" and so on. I came across a website that said:

Classical music and its benefits


Why study classical music? Because peer-reviewed clinical research shows that classical music is the best music to develop your brain, enhance your health and wellness, and improve your life. After all, we all know that what we take into our bodies affects our health--diet, supplements, and creams, ointments, and all the rest. But how many of us consider what we're taking into our bodies through our ears? That's right--what kind of music you listen to affects every part of your health--and everyone should be aware of this simple fact. 
So I am so glad that I participate and surround myself in the music every day for about 2-4 hours a day. 

I've shared this website once before, but I will share it again. Its www.riseofthemasters.com
Another helpful website for those people out there (like me) that are trying to learn species counterpoint with the cantus firmus and tenore, and are trying to understand things, visiting here would be helpful.
Also received a site from my professor with loads of Etudes. http://javanese.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/3/3e/IMSLP244341-PMLP395941-Grutx_ed_Eltie_Etuden.pdf

I was also surprised to find that much of this link include things we are learning about in Psychology, so I shared a discussion in the canvas site for our class. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1281386/?tool=pubmed#ref1

No comments:

Post a Comment