Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Great Cello Lesson!!!! ;)



Today I got up early and practiced hard for 2 hours and it payed off! Dr. Uzur was very happy with how hard I worked on the Boccherini piece. I felt so excited inside because I played so well for him. I like when he can see my capabilities and potentials. I hope that I will be able to relax my arms and wrist and use light, even, and consistent, bow strokes from frog to tip. I like him, because he knows your playing really well, and catches the smallest details that you dont notice, or hope he doesnt notice. BUT HE DOES!!! He praises your good efforts and lets you know you did a good job, but then immediately goes and works with you on how you can improve. Helps you hold the bow, and shows you at what time, and what part the bow changes, and how the shoulder, wrist, fingers, and arm all play in. He is the best teacher at Weber State.


No comments:

Post a Comment