Sunday, January 12, 2014

A unforgettable experience


Last night it hit me that SON OF GOD was going to be an actual movie coming to theaters. For some reason it didnt click when I saw the advertisements on facebook. I guess I thought it was just review pictures of the Bible and titling him the Son of God. As soon as it made sense I got really excited and put together this collage to advertise to those who have never seen The Bible, that the life of Christ will be made into a real movie. When I saw The Passion, I thought it was really well done, but it didn't emphasize a lot of his life of miracles and teaching in the streets and cities. 

Ever since I watched the Bible, for the first time I felt a connection with the actor (Diogo Morgado) and it was real for me. All the other films I have seen (Finding Faith In Christ, Testaments, Reflections of Christ etc.) haven't reached to me in the way this Portuguese actor has. To me, this is Jesus. I've been listening to lots of Christian K-Love radio music and have found it has made my life better. The messages of truth and hope is so refreshing to hear. I was listening last night to "Just Say Jesus" by 7eventh Time Down and I was looking at this picture of Christ hugging Peter. This is the scene when Peter says he will fight for Jesus and won't fall away even if everyone else does. Jesus has lots of compassion and love at this moment and then tells him he will deny him 3 times. I think its so powerful. Just listening to "Just Say Jesus" and looking at these pictures below, gave me an overwhelming embrace of gratitude, love, and goosebumps. I felt the reality that He lives, and is ours to claim. I felt so special and full of warmth and felt emotional goodness. One thing that I have discovered through studying the Plan of Salvation is that our existence is everlasting and we really have an exciting future planed out for us. This life is the only time we have to face negativity and opposition. One of my goals is to be closer to the Savior and let His teachings and love guide me. I feel this movie has brought me the closer to Him. It is not that the other actors were doing anything wrong, I just think that everyone has a certain Jesus that connects with them best. I have had 3 days in my life when I have been exposed mentally and emotionally to pure light. I think its because I meditate and ponder so much and seek to understand a reality that I can't grasp and understand. As I was pondering I felt like I was rising above what we all think is reality into a different way of thinking feeling and understanding. That moment caused me to see how Christ is the "light of the world," how much he really is there for us, and how this eternal journey is an exciting one. For those of you out there who feel you don't get it. Keep pondering and speculating, light will shine through the cracks. Go to the temple if you have the opportunity. "Ask and ye shall recieve. Knock and it shall be opened unto you." I am confident that whatever Jesus tells us is going to happen. We can trust Him. Something else that I think is outstanding is that Jesus came to earth to show the world how He is just like His Father. If Heavenly Father came to earth, he would have taught the same things, performed the same miracles, and loved with as much strength. My favorite time of year is Easter with the melting snow, warm grass and birds singing. Blossoms falling from trees in the calm breeze, and the sunlight shining through the windows into the kitchen. I think it is the most beauty I could ask for in my life. I love General Conference during that time, and focusing and depending on an accurate holiday of Christs life. I just had to record another enlightening moment. I've had 3 that I can remember, and they are precious.













No comments:

Post a Comment