Saturday, April 20, 2013

Catch up journal on a great week!

This week has been amazing!!!!

Tuesday the 16th I passed a math quiz that I was working really hard on. It took me several times to pass it. Then I was so busy with homework and different things, that I hadn't practiced at all, and was worried that my lesson would be frustrating and disappointing. Fortunately Dr. Uzur understood that I was writing my composition, doing math, practicing with my quartet and trio, writing an English paper, and preparing for our orchestra concert. He told me to brush up on my scales and arpeggios, and to just focus on the 2nd movement of the Boccherini. I was relieved that Dr. Uzur was so merciful and understanding.

Wednesay night the 17th was the talent show. There were many great talents shared. I played "Reminiscing with Grandma," "Farewell," and my newest composition that is untitled at the moment. Everyone was pretty impressed with it. I met a girl that I like. I think she likes me too and really enjoyed my music. I don't want to marry someone who just wants to marry me for my musical side, but to marry me for who I am, and let the  music part be a bonus for them. I was so excited that night. The bishopric did a hilarious number with their heads upside down hanging off the stage with taped eyes on their chins, and pictures of suit and ties on their forheads. They sang "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree," and "If You're Happy and You Know It!" Then all the girls got up and sang with seashells on their shirts, covered in a blue sheet "I need a Man." (to the tune of part of your world)
Some of the remembered lines include
"What would I give, if I could live in Salt Lake City? What would I pay to spend a day on Temple ground. A boy who is smart, a boy who is cute, a boy who'd look good in a suit. What's that word again? Oh, Commitment. You want to go dutch? I've got a $20. What's that word again? Ring. I'm worth more than 8 cows! Wouldn't it be great, why can't I date? I need a man..." 

Friday night the 19th was the Stake Classical musical night. I got all dressed up and ready to go with Emily, and Kimberly Heiner called me and said she was at Weber, but that she forgot her music and had to drive back to Salt Lake to get it. The program started at 7pm, but fortunately we were after the intermission. So we didnt really play until like 8:25 or so. Zach Ewell played a difficult Brahms piece and didnt make any mistakes. It was so amazing. Andrew Johnson played "Meditation" on the violin and it was so beautiful. It sounds like the same style as "The Swan" by Saint Saens. In the singles ward, Chase Gabbitas played something really impressive and hard. At the talent show he played, Jon Schmidt's "All of Me." Two girls got up and sang a comical opera number. Melanie Day's husband Bryce sang the cello version of "Oh Divine Redeemer." I could hear it, and I knew every piano part that was played. We did really well on our Schubert number and everyone really liked it. I lost my place and made a few bad notes, but quickly recovered and played great the rest of the time. Everyone made it sound better than it was. I guess it was our best. A week before Kimberly had Carolyn Kingston and I play for her class. We had to cut the middle part out because it was too hard to get it together in a few days. We finally played all of it, so It was good and Lyssa used Kimberly's ipad to record it on video. It was a great night. Jared, and Lyssa were in the bad, and he saved Emily a fruit roll-up. Emily was my last minute page turner for accompanist Kimberly Heiner. Carolyn was on the Violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment